Immerse yourself in our Door Supervisor course and become a licenced SIA Door Supervisor over 6 days of training. This licence allows you to work as both a Door Supervisor and a Security Guard, providing you with more options for your career.
With this licence, you can supervise the doors of pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants, and more. You will be expected to understand how to conduct searches, management conflict, control the capacity of the venue, understand how to evacuate the premises, and ensure all health and safety standards are being followed.
Once you take the course and receive your licence, we will be able to place you for work at one of our security sites, helping you to kickstart your career immediately.
You will need to prove that you have an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate or a general First Aid certificate with at least a year left until it’s expiration date. If you do not have one, you will need to take our Emergency First Aid at Work course, which will take place on the first day of your course. Once you pass, you will be able to start your Door Supervisor course.
The units that will be covered in the course are:
Unit 1: Principles of Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record keeping relevant to the role of the security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post incident management
Unit 2: Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security
- Understand crimes relevant to door supervision
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand preservation of evidence relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licensing law relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
Unit 3: Application of Conflict Management in the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- Be able to communicate to deescalate conflict
Unit 4: Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
You will complete four exams and one practical assessment to pass this course. All course material and exam fees are included in the price of this course.
Duration and Location:
CLASSROOM - 6 DAYS
18 or Over
Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
Level 2 Qualification in Door Supervisor Security
Once you finish your course, you will need to apply for a Door Supervisor licence on the SIA website. The cost for this licence is £190.00 and you need to prove your eligibility to work in the UK, have a DBS check, and provide evidence of your Emergency First Aid at Work certificate. The SIA will typically get back to you within 25 working days. This licence is valid for 3 years. Once you receive your licence, we will place you on a security site to start working.
You will need to undergo top-up training when your licence is due to expire.